Tuesday 18 November 2014

Quilt "Life is Delicious" and Sweet Potato Recipe

Jeeyoung's theme is What "Life is Delicious" means to you. Thanks for this theme Jeeyoung, you motivated me to make a quilt for our new upstairs neighbors, who are having a baby in December. But...I also had to add this killer Sweet Potatoes with Crispy Walnut Recipe. I only make this dish ONCE a year, at Thanksgiving, it is so rich. I make enough so I can eat leftovers for at least a week! This dish makes life delicious too!
SWEET POTATOES WITH CRISPY WALNUTS Combine with mixer: 4 Tbsp. butter 2 eggs 1 tsp. vanilla ¼ cup (or less) sugar 3 cups cooked mashed yams or sweet potatoes (about 3) Put in greased 9X9 casserole pan Combine and sprinkle over yams: ½ cup brown sugar 1/3 cup flour 1 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans) Dot with MORE butter! Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. EVERY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

  1. I just bought a sewing machine in Singapore, and your quilt is such a motivation to create, albeit I will not be able to match your talent! Absolutely stunning fabric, design, and stitching! So inspirational!

    ReplyDelete