Sunday 12 October 2014

Matthew's 'what's brewing' (Becky Green's Book)


This work is stemming from a printmaking course that I am teaching that relates to linoleum project of the expressive portrait while using the principle of design 'emphasis'.

I thought to use converging lines to focus direction towards the figure. This image sort of describes what is brewing with me currently in my life. The rings are cut-up images of maps from places that I have visited over time (experiences that I have attained). They are floating around my head and some of them are deposited into my thinking and transferred into my speech.

Although I don't necessarily feel that what I am saying is translating my thoughts so well, so I am spreading a rambling noise from my mouth. So I suppose what's brewing is a bunch of gibberish!

No comments:

Post a Comment