Saturday 11 October 2014

Shadow Quilt

This is my attempt at creating shadows with my quilting, as "casting shadows" is Leanne's theme. One fun thing I enjoy about quilting (as I'm sure other artists discover in their own medium) is that your work never turns out quite like you think AND when you make mistakes, sometimes you learn something new or even improve your skills through your mistakes. There's also something I enjoy about making a mistake. After I get past being annoyed at myself, I often see if I can leave the mistake. Once I've decided to leave the mistake, I feel so free. What's that about? Do I live in an environment where I'm concerned about perfection? Mmmmmmm. I've made a little "shadow" error. For fun, see if you can find it! =) Thanks Leanne for the shadow challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment