Sunday 21 September 2014

Whimsy in the Park


I'm learning from my colleague, Patrick Green, to #steallikeanartist. So for my first sketch on the theme whimsy, I did a google search for inspiration. There are beautiful graphic designs with whimsical trees and birds. Following the tree idea, I also saw a poster at the SG Botanic Gardens recently with trees made out of simple shapes. I'm always trying to learn something new when I create something for a sketchbook, so this was my lesson in Adobe Illustrator. YouTube helped me figure out how to make the tear drops and how to draw shapes you can color in. It was fun! I hope you enjoy my whimsical adventure.

1 comment:

  1. This is soothing. And gives me an idea for a doodling exercise--simple shapes like your tree outlines that we fill in with patterns. You are going to have to keep me updated on your AI tips.

    ReplyDelete