Thursday 25 September 2014

Becky's Drawing in Martha's Book

I do love the value of a sketchbook exchange. We get to dabble, we get to fail, we get to try, and we get to learn to be okay with that. Right? Maybe? Sort of? For this round, I modeled a willingness to embrace doodles that veer off course.

Originally, I had fantasies a black line drawing would turn into a coloring book page as an entry for Doodlers Anonymous, but in the end...oh, in the end I just let myself step away from the book.
Sherbet Animal Party...ack!

The theme was "Contrasts in Nature." (great theme, Martha!) My vision was unusual animals decorated in patterns from the natural world that contrast with their unique selves. The result was not what I'd envisioned, and so after first drawing in pencil and then partially inking...I ran out of steam and found myself watching Jimmy Fallon Youtube videos and taking lots of snack breaks. So, to bring it to a close, I quickly scanned the drawing and "painted" with Adobe Illustrator in hopes of a miraculous (unsuccessful) make-over. It seems to me that a walrus and his wild friends have invaded a pint of rainbow sherbet. Sighhhh....
Black Ink Drawing

No comments:

Post a Comment