Sunday 3 September 2017

Laughter: Rebecca's September Sketch


I can't draw...yet. I am good at imitating people, though (that's what we teach our students about writing, right?), so I just used the fabulous Noun Project website to find an image that related to the mini-stories I was working on (icons are easier to draw for me). Writing is definitely more in my comfort zone than sketching, but that's what I love about the sketchbook: drawing, in and of itself, is both a generating strategy and a revision strategy (searching for images actually made me re-write). 

I thought it might be neat to try a peek-a-boo style so the image would (hopefully) hook the reader into hearing the funny story.  I drafted it first online and then just used my Zebra marker to draw after pencil and a Copic Multi Liner (0.3) to transcribe the vignettes.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I can't wait to read the stories that are hidden just behind those awesome icons. I am jealous of your Copic markers : ) and appreciate how you focus on the thinking (generating ideas and revising).

    ReplyDelete