Sunday 3 September 2017

September Sketch

Tuesday we begin. This will be my first foray into a sketchbook exchange. I must admit, though it's low stakes, I'm a little nervous. I have never done this before and I am a rather insecure artist.

This year my one little word is &. It's a thing that, I think, started with Ali Edwards in the Two Writing Teachers blogging community.  My friend, Beth, and I have chosen words for the last few years. I love how it makes me think about the days differently and how the word shows up in surprising ways. Last spring at some point, I added yes, so the theme for my sketchbook this year is: & yes.

I love the possibilities and how my word(s) are showing me opportunities to connect & to do & to be. Two of my favorite poets sound "& yes" too: Brian Andreas and e.e. cummings.

I'm keeping my actual first piece in my sketchbook secret until Tuesday, it's on the next two-page spread (& there's a surprise in the book).

 I played with purple and blue and the idea of the stars and sky for the first page featuring Brian Andreas' poem "Say Yes." It's good to be creating again after the move.






No comments:

Post a Comment