Wednesday 10 April 2013

A clutter inspired minimalist


We're always trying to streamline and declutter our lives at our house, and yet we find ourselves crowding our art/thinking spaces with obnoxious, messy bulletin boards. I've thrown them out with every one of our moves, but we always decide we need 'em. We'll never be the people with the grown-up office space; we are still college-dorm-room-thinkers, and so when I pondered my theme of "what inspires you," I wanted to create something that looked a little like those inevitable patchwork bulletin boards I stare at when planning my next creative endeavor. Usually I need color, but this time, since coloring books are something I collect as an adult (okay, so maybe we should label ourselves farther back than the dorm...it is possible that we're still in middle school around here), I wanted to evoke those thick black lines that always inspire (and maybe save an hour or two).  --Becky

4 comments:

  1. I really like your art, Becky. It's inspring and thought-provoking. You have a style all your own--we're lucky to be in a group with you. I'm learning new things already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - beautiful and thoughtful - absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adults aren't supposed to have messy bulletin boards? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art always just paralyzes and mesmerizes me-it really "talks" to me every time I see a piece you've created. Once again, I'm speechless. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete