Sunday 14 April 2013

Playing with Perspective


One thing I love about art is how it allows me to live beyond my own experience.  Artists invite me to see the world differently by exposing me to their images, designs, and ideas.  In turn, I always come away with greater awareness, deeper appreciation, and more compassionate empathy.  In short, I am changed for the better.  

That's why I chose perspective as my theme.  Through art, our own perspective grows.  And while I can't wait to see what you'll come up with for my sketchbook, I know that our collective images, designs, and ideas will change us all for the better.

4 comments:

  1. I agree all around, Mr. Riley. I want to know your mediums. Is this paint and collage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made it up as I went along. Took a photo, printed it and then used pen and pencil on colored paper for the cage, wheel, etc. and collaged it over the photo.

      Delete
  2. I agree as well. I feel the same way about books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of perspective is such a great lesson for our students, and personally. Walking in another's shoes helps with understanding, leading to empathy. This really connects to my journey of shedding judgment. Great theme.

    ReplyDelete