Sunday 28 April 2013

Harnessing Synergy in Heidi's Book


When looking to create synergy with fabric for Heidi's book ("Textiles:  Color, Freestyle, and Synergy in Art"), I couldn't help but notice that I was experiencing synergy first-hand.   Some of my initial ideas (a quilting patchwork, a collage of ribbons) were dead ends. They just didn't feel right.  It wasn't until I honed in on this dotted fabric that things clicked.  Why?  I have no idea.  It's not like I have a thing for polka dots.  That's just weird.  By chance though, when I cut the fabric, it frayed, leading me to peel away some of the strands.  An idea was born.  It reminds me that when we create (art, writing, etc.), we need to experiment, explore, and be willing to start again.  Because when we trust in the process synergy is bound to happen.


1 comment:

  1. I was fortunate enough to catch a peek of this one in the flesh at Heather's house today. It's incredible, Scott. It's a texture and a look I'd love to surround myself with.

    ReplyDelete